Home Business Success – not easy, is it?
When I decided to enter the Internet Marketing niche, I knew that the competition was fierce, and that it would be difficult to get noticed. But it was a niche that I have learned so much about, have a great passion for, and I am not an expert in much else!
How hard could it be!
So you decide on your niche, do your research, listen to your mentor, get your site up and running, do everything you are supposed to do – now what?
You know what – you just keep going, doing the things you need to do to generate that traffic and build your list.
Home business success is not going to happen overnight. Any business that is going to have a long and successful life needs steady and consistent nurturing. Repeat the methods that work, and repeat again, and again….
It is at this point where you need the support of your mentor, and other people in your support network who have been, or are still, in exactly the same position as you are. You should never feel alone!
It is also at this point where most people give up, because the results are not coming quickly enough, or they need to take a job for the money, or they simply stop believing that it can work.
So my seven tips below are designed to help you to keep going and be one of the 5% who achieve their dream of home business success.
- Review what your goals are and what you want to achieve. Go back to when you set your original goals and remember just how far you have come and what you have learned. Congratulate yourself for your achievements so far. Remember that compared to most people you are an expert internet marketer.
- Create a collage of all the things you want to achieve. Cut out photos of that new car, or that tropical beach, that beautiful home, and put them into a collage, and look at it every day. This serves to remind you of what you are striving to achieve.
- Revisit all the ebooks on your hard drive about mindset and self belief. Read them!
- Speak to someone who is just a few steps ahead of you, and who can give you some inspiration to carry on. Ask them for their advice. Ask them what it is that keeps them motivated.
- Focus – do not get sidetracked from your primary goal. Unsubscribe from some of those emails that keep offering you overnight riches if you just shell out another $100 for the latest method. Do not waste time on work that will never make you any money. Concentrate your efforts on the tasks that will ultimately earn you money.
- Review your time management methods and make sure you are not wasting time on methods that are not your primary focus. Stay organised – there is nothing guaranteed to waste hours and days of your time if your hard drive is in a jumbled mess! Try this free ebook to help you with your organisational skills.
- Review your daily routine – do a brain dump, and proritise your tasks into order of importance. I find that this is a particularly good way to get everything out of your head and on paper. When you sort them into A,B and C you will find that when you have achieved some of the A’s then the B’s and C’s have kind of taken care of themselves, or are not important after all.
So I guess the message is do not give up – it can be done, and there is no reason why it should not be you who is the next successful Internet Marketing guru!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Tips for Successful Internet Marketing Strategies (va4growth.com)
- Procrastination is a Curse for Entrepreneurs (startupprofessionals.com)
- How To Create a One Page Business Plan (smallbusinessbranding.com)